|Fees for WSH Officer Registration (New and Replacement)|
|FIRST SCHEDULE FEES|
|1. An application for approval to act as a Workplace Safety and Health Officer||BND$ 110.00|
|2. An application to renew any approval to act as a Workplace Safety and Health Officer||BND$ 60.00|
|3. To replace a Certificate of Approval||BND$ 10.00 per Certificate to be replaced|
An upfront payment (bank transfer) is required before the Authority can review the applications. All of the mentioned documents must be completely submitted to the Authority, and the Focal Point of the company needs to ensure the accuracy of the submitted documents. If an application remains incomplete or otherwise deficient, the application will be rejected, and fees will not be refundable.
As per stated in the Workplace Safety and Health (Workplace Safety and Health Officers) Regulations, 2014, Regulation 2(2) An application under sub-regulation (1) shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee specified in the First Schedule and such fee shall not be refundable.
For further information, please refer to SHENA Website at www.shena.gov.bn
- An individual who is at least 21 years old and employed in Brunei Darussalam;
- Must be a Brunei Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person to whom an Employment Pass (employed by the company) has been issued;
- Fit and proper person to carry out the work of the WSH Officer;
- Has obtained:
- a minimum qualification of National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health International General Certificate (NEBOSH IGC); or
- equivalent to equip him/her to become a Workplace Safety and Health Officer; Examples of qualifications which are equivalent or higher in this context include -
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma (HND), Degree, Master, PhD in Occupational Health and Safety
- Master of Science in Safety, Health and Environment Technology
- Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Science in Human Factors in Safety
- Bachelor of Science in Safety, Health and Environmental Management
- Any relevant academic qualifications (Engineering Degree, etc.) to support the application, certificate copy to be provided.
- Has at least a minimum of two (2) years of practical experience relevant to the work to be performed by the WSH officer;
- Need documentary proof, e.g., testimonial from employer specifying the period of employment where he/she acts in his/her capacity as a Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) related designation or similar role.
- Has other qualifications and practical qualifications which in the Authority's opinion render him/her competent to act as a WSH Officer; and
- The WSH Officer must be present and active on site.